Everyone using the HYMS network and/or IT facilities, should be aware that their use of the HYMS network is governed by the following acceptable usage policies:
In addition, students are reminded that peer-to-peer file-sharing & chat programs are not permitted to be installed or operated on HYMS computers. In most cases, the ability to install or run these programs has been disabled.
Additional rules imposed by external bodies include:
Note that this is not an extensive list of regulations, and users of PCs at NHS sites are likely to be bound by other agreements.
New User Registration Guide
It's your first day at HYMS, so to help you along, here are a few simple steps to get your accounts set up... You can change your password with the HYMS password changer
1. Check your HYMS e-mail (on Office 365)
- Go to the web site https://outlook.office.com and log in using your new HYMS account details
- It's easiest if you stay logged in, as you'll need your HYMS email open for step 5.
- (If you're stuck: you need to use the details on the HYMS IT Account sheet, but please remember to use your new password).
2. Find your Hull University Account – this looks like 123456
- This information can be found on a sheet with the title Access to University of Hull IT Services.
- To change your password, please go to the website https://myadmin.hull.ac.uk. Once you've logged in, you'll see a Change Password option.
- It is very important that you keep these details to hand, as it shows your Athens account, which you will need to access online journals and other library resources.
3. Redirect Hull University e-mail to HYMS
- This step means you won't need to keep checking your Hull e-mail account, as new messages will be automatically forwarded to your HYMS address.
- Log in to The University of Hull webmail through https://mail.hull.ac.uk/owa/ using firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Options (at the top right), then Create An Inbox Rule..., select New.
- From the "When the message arrives" Dropdown Menu Select [Apply to All messages].
- From the "Do the Following" Dropdown Menu Select Redirect the message to.
- In the message Recipients To box enter your HYMS email address (as provided on the HYMS IT Account sheet).
- Click OK, click Save and Yes.
4. Find your York University Account – this looks like ab123
- You should already know your York University user name - you needed it to register online over the summer.
- You should also have set up your password for this. If you don't have your York University details to hand, then please complete this step as soon as you receive it.
- (If you're stuck: your York username can usually be found inside your folder, hidden in a white envelope.)
5. Redirect York University e-mail to HYMS
- Log in to York's Google Mail at http://mail.york.ac.uk/
- Click on the cog icon (top right), then click Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Click Add a forwarding address and type your HYMS email address.
- Click Next and then Proceed to confirm the address. This sends an email to your HYMS account to verify that it's correct.
- You'll now need to go back to HYMS email and find the confirmation email.
- Click the link, and you'll see a Confirmation Success message.
- Right, back in your York Gmail account, click Verify. You can now set up the forwarding!
- Select (o) Forward a copy of incoming mail to...
- Choose your HYMS email address from the first drop-down menu.
- From the second box, choose 'mark University of York mail as read'.
- Finally, click Save Changes.
That’s the complicated bit done.